About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

HNT First Snow















So on Tuesday night, the weather man predicted a "light dusting" that prly wouldn't stick. Does this look like a light dusting to you? Light dusting my ass. By last night, we were under a winter advisory for 3-6 inches of lake effect snow. The roads were terrible this morning. Main roads were good, but all the side roads were on big sheet of ice. And, being the ever prepared mom of the year that I am, I had to rush to the store this morning for snow boots and such. My windshield wipers were frozen this morning for an entire hour, which made driving on the treacherous roads a pure joy. My kids are so excited though! We've been listening to Christmas music all day in celebration of the snow. I'm hoping that the snow will melt still, again, being ever prepared, all the kids outdoor toys are still outside and need to be packed away. Have a happy HNT!

9 comments:

lecram sinun said...

Brrrr... Cheers and happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

Snow looks really pretty. It's not common in our part of the world. Nice pics. Happy HNT

CaliGirl said...

are little bit we got here is all gone now. the rain washed it way by lunch time. :(

Tess said...

NOOOOOO, no snow.

It always looks so lovely that first day though. I am just not ready.

Happy HNT, stay warm and toasty.

Bsoholic said...

We usually don't get snow until around January.

Happy HNT :)

Wenchy said...

Looks so beautiful!

Muse said...

Damn I hate winter..lol But the kids love it. :-) Happy HNT!

mistyblue3 said...

lecram- indeed! Its so cold my nose and lungs freeze the instant I step outside.
furzl- where do you live that there isn't much snow?
cali- you like this stuff?
tess- I think its pretty too, for about a week, then it just sucks :)
bsoholic-I can only dream of just getting snow in Jan.
wenchy- glad you like it!
muse- I'm with you there! I don't like it either, but the kids have a blast all winter long. Maybe I should picking up skiing so I would enjoy it more?
Stephanie- I'll gladly ship some your way

addict- friggin freezing, and thanks. I think he's pretty cute too :D

Scott & Julia said...

Ahh yes, I know what you're going through! We got the same lake effect snow here in Ontario. It started Wednesday night, it is now Friday night and it hasn't stopped yet! The dogs love it! Happy belated HNT!