About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Naughty

Rough Weekend. My daughter is out to get to me. I'm sure of it. The last week, she's been awful! I don't like feeling nasty towards my kids. Life is much smoother when I enjoy them, or her rather. I don't know what it is. Season change maybe? She was in her room forever saturday morning, she was suppose to clean it. But she kept making up excuses, throwing fits, being a brat. So it came down to "Pick up these toys, or mommy's going to throw them away". Know what she said? "Good! I'll help you throw them away! I'm glad they are going!" Rotten rotten rotten. I'm true to my word though, so I packed them all in garabage bags, and put them out. For some reason, she thinks that its not a big deal, cause Santa is coming to bring her more in a few weeks. Hubs told her that Santa doesn't bring toys to bad listeners. So then it kind of dawned on her that perhaps, she might not get more. I must say, that if things keep up as they are, she ain't getting shit. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm fresh out. I was so emotionally drained, that I went to bed at 745p Saturday night. I can only handle so much, and recently, my lovely daughter is killing me. I hope this is only a phase, and not a preview of her teen years. Other stuff happened on Sat. as well, but I'm too tired to drag it all out, so I'll save it for later. Help me! I'm open to any ideas or suggestions to get my 4 yr old to behave! I can't believe she's driving me this mad, and she's only nearly 4. Mom of the Year....... ............

4 comments:

CaliGirl said...

sorry to hear you are at your wits end. all i have to say is "good luck"...im having issues with my 10 yr old right now and im also at my wits end...all patience is gone!

big hugs coming your way from another mom in the same boat.

mistyblue3 said...

I appreciate it Cali! Hugs to you as well!

Kat said...

My son (he's 4 too) was acting the same way recently. My husband convinced him that Santa has hidden cameras in our house and anyone else's house we went to. It calmed him down considerably, and now when he does what he's told, he says, "Santa saw me being good." I just remind him that he's supposed to be that way all the time.

mistyblue3 said...

kat- I think I might have to start using the santa card as well. I hate to do that, but I'm really running out of ideas... thanks for your input!