About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It got better! Much Better :D

The weekend really did turn out to be wonderful, despite the pissy mood I was in. We decided not to go to a hotel for the night, I thought it'd be more work than enjoyment. Instead we put the kids to bed early, ordered in Chinese, and watched a lovely movie. We watched 'The Notebook', have you seen it? It was great! A perfect anniversary movie to watch. If you haven't seen it, you should. It was the best night ever. We turned off all the lights, and the phones, and snuggled up under a blanket. It felt sooooo good, just to be w/ hubs. It couldn't have been better! That was all on Saturday night.

Friday night, we played poker in the garage, as usual. We have 41 people show up! We were packed. We paid 9 places, so everyone at the final table got paid. I took 5th, for a whopping 50 bucks! Woohoooo. I won A HUGE hand. I've never been so excited during a game. If I wouldn't have won that hand, I would have been dead long before 5th. I went all in w/ pocket Q's. I had only 1300 in chips (which was an ok chip stack at that point), I had 2 callers. The guy next to me had pocket J's, and the other guy had AQ. On the flop was trash, A, 10. Shoot, I was beat then. On the turn Q! woooooooohhhhhhhhoooooooooo. Fantastic. I don't remember the river. But I won that hand, and it was HUGE. Tripled up. I've never gotten to rake in so many chips, that was the best. Good times!

Hubs took the kids out of the house for me for 3 1/2 hours on Saturday. He's such a hottie. So I was able to get my stuff done. That felt great. It is a lovely thing to clean house w/o interruptions. And you already know about Saturday night.

Sunday was our bowling night. My scores from the week before were something like 53,85, and 65? Anyway, on Sunday, I bowled, are you ready? 103, 56, and 125 bitches!!!!! WOOHOO I was so excited, I made a scene. We bowl at this little hole in the wall, w/ 8 lanes. Most of the people that bowl there are older, like 50's -60's, when I got a spare, followed by 2 strikes, I yelled "woohooo!!" jumped up and down followed by another holler of "holy shiiiiitttt!" You could have heard a pin drop after my little scene. LOL. Except for Chicken laughing hysterically and snorting. It was fun. Can't wait to see what score the bowling fairy blesses me with next week!

So far, this week has been ok. I've been kind of depressed for no particular reason. Must be a change of season or something. I haven't wanted too see anyone, or talk to anyone. I've been just wanting to hang w/ hubs, and ignore everything else. I HAVE to get it together though. I have a billion and one things to get done. Runaway friend is coming w/ her kids tomorrow for a few days. This will be the first time I've seen her, since I discovered all there was to know about her husband. I'm excited to see her, I've missed her, and I know she could use some relaxation, and a good time. Things are still really hard for her. I will try to update before the weekend, but you never know! Till later friends....

1 comment:

CaliGirl said...

so glad to hear you had a good weekend after all. hubby was a peach to give you that time you wanted so bad to yourself w/o the kids.

have a great time with your friend stopping by. im sure this is good for her also to be able to talk to someone or even just to not talk about all that horrible stuff and do girlie friend stuff with the kids.

big hugs to you