About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

I'm pooped.

Runaway friend and her kids left today. They've been here since Thursday afternoon. We had a good time. We took our kids to see 'Dragon Tales Live' on Thursday night. The kids loved it, but I must say, that was the lamest 2 hours of my life. It was horrible! At least for the grown ups. There was one scene that they went into the 'dandelion forrest', so the stage was dark, w/ black lights, and the backdrop had paintings of flowers on it. Well, there were these 'dandelion' singers that came out of the back drop. The costume they were wearing looked like GIANT pot leafs. Course, preschoolers aren't going to know what that was, but I sure got a chuckle out of it. Why do they put that stuff in kid shows/movies? Isn't there some type of penis displayed in every disney movie? Whaever..
I'm exhausted. I watched R.A.F. kids all day yesterday so she could take care of some stuff around town, and thankfully, her kids were GREAT for me. But when she's around, they're terrible! They scream blood-curdling screams, cry, fight, yell, disobey her- its awful. Why do you suppose that is? I'm sure it has something to do w/ all the changes in the last few months, but why are they only like that for her? It was good to see her, and the boys. But I'm so tired from the sheer volume of pick up crap! That was crazy! I have spent the last 48 hours doing nothing other than dishes, and picking up toys. I cannot BELIEVE the amount of effort it has taken JUST to keep it kinda clean. I need a nap now!
We played poker last night, as always. We had 32 come. I didn't do very well. I was out kind of early, but that was a good thing~ I needed to go to bed. Chasing 5 kids 5 and under, is just a bit much!
Tonight we are going out for Hubs b-day. We're going out for dinner, and then bowling w/ 8 other couples. Should be a great time, I'm really looking fwd to it. I prly should get him a gift or something... I am the most unprepared woman ever.

No comments: