About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, November 14, 2005

what to do...

Morning. Monday again. My hubs is leaving today for deer camp :( I'll be a hunting widow this week, and for every weekend for the next 3. I think I'm going to miss him more this year. I'm always sad when he goes, but its good for him. He needs that week away to sit in the woods, drink beer w/ the guys, and freeze his ass off. Besides, it gives him some time to miss me :)

The weekend was good. We went out for hubs bday on Saturday night, and that was fun. I didn't bowl very good(well right), but I had some great sing-a-longs w/ Chicken. It was a good time, and hubs had a blast. Yesterday was full of family time, and naps :) I love those days. It was cold, gross, and really really WINDY yesterday. A great day to stay inside and cuddle.

I think I'm ready to phase out nursing. My sweet baby has been giving me trouble. She hasn't really been interested in nursing in the last few weeks, I believe its called a "nursing strike", and from what I hear, is pretty common. But at this stage, when she doesn't nurse well, it effects my milk supply, and I can't pump hardly anything anymore, even if I try at a normal feeding time. So my milk supply is has gone down, and now at feeding time, instead of it being a relaxing joyful time w/ my baby, I get stressed wondering if its going to work- which effects my let down reflex. Its a hard decision for me. I'm over 1/2 done, my baby has been only breastfed up to this point. I could try to rough it out, if its that important to me. But I don't know if it is. Then I start to feel guility about it. We are now in the middle of cold/flu season, and nursing really helps babies stay healthy. Not to mention the benefits nursing has for me. Then I feel guility some more b/c I'm not really taking as good of care of myself for her- I've started drinking caffine, cut down on water, and some other things, so then I wonder, if I'm not taking the best possible care of myself, is breast still best? Then I feel bad for nursing- crap. My breasts have seen better days..... I wouldn't mind them springing back a tad bit. And my body has pretty much belonged to my baby for the last year and 1/2, it might be nice to have it back. I don't know. I don't want to just stop nursing right now. I don't want to upset her, and I'm also emotionally attached to it. I guess I could still nurse part of the time, and give her formula the other. But I know once I start w/ regular bottles, it will only be a matter of time until she will lose intrest completely in nursing. Bottles are easier and quicker for her too. I'm proud of myself for lasting this long, I didn't w/ my other 2 kids. Ideas, opinions, anyone? Not sure what to do...

7 comments:

Margaret said...

how old is she again???

why not set it so that you nurse in the morning and at night...make it a habbit...and formula/food (if she is old enough) the rest of the time...then you still have the bonding/nursing relationship that you need...

i never nursed...just pumped fulltime (my choice)...but i never felt like i didnt have the opportunity to have a bonding relationship with Pman...

and yes...even if you are eating crappy, breastmilk is best... :)

peace...

mistyblue3 said...

she's 7 months- I think that's a good idea. She eats baby food now a few times a day, and she doesn't mind formula every now and again.. thanks monkey :)

Chicken said...

I can't give you any advice on this one sister. You are going to have to give me some on this subject someday. But, I can understand the bonding thing, and how it would be sad for ya. It would seem, like Monkey said, making a schedule for both would be logical. Don't know, need advice on anything else I am so there...this baby thing, your the expert!

Lindsey said...

I keep forgetting about hunting season...who knew it was a big deal in Michigan? Here in the South...it is a HUGE deal. People don't plan weddings or anything during the season.

yuck. My brothers hunt, I hate it.

The Anti-Wife said...

Linny...hunting a big deal in Michigan? Good lord girly, where you been? ;o) Hunting is a HUGE deal here -- a major "tourist" industry -- 3/4 of billion a year comes to retailers. (Like you needed to know all that...LOL)

Misty, there comes a time when you have to think about YOU. You brought your baby into the world and have given your body to her for quite a long time. Let go of the guilt and take your body back. She will be fine. My guess is it's more your dilemma than it is hers. Been there, done that, hon.

Unknown said...

I say switch to formula and food now. My daughter is 8 months- and she is on formula now and it is much better and much more fun to snuggle up close and watch in amazement as she holds her own bottle now and looks around and enjoys her short moment with me [she sucks down 7oz in 15mins or less!]

mistyblue3 said...

chk- I wish I were an expert. You think after 3 kids, I would have a clue, but alas- nope :)

linny- yeah, its HUGE here. My husbands company pracitcally shuts down for hunting season! I didn't realize that it was big in the south. I'm not a fan of hunting. Not b/c of the killing thing (as long as you eat what you kill, not just for sport), but its BORING. Hubs took me once, and he was very serious about it. He had this stern look on his face and he kept telling me to be quiet, I have an issue w/ giggles, I get them at the worst time. So the more serious he got about it, the more I giggled, I couldn't stop :) I've been offically and forever banned from deer camp!

aw- I didn't know about the retail aspect of hunting! Interesting! Thanks for the advice Kellie, I think I'm going to go for it, but slowly.

MM- thanks for stopping by, and for the advice! I appreciate it!