About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Random

The weather here is crazy. It snowed non-stop for a few days. It was so cold on Thursday and Friday, that it hurt to inhale outside. Then yesterday, it warmed up again, and everything melted. It's in the 50's today, and raining. What? I don't get it. Pick a season. Flippn' Michigan.

I went shopping Friday morning. It was my first time for black Friday. I left my house w/ a friend at 4:30 am. The first stop wasn't bad, but the second, was madness! People were pushing, crowding, and cussing each other out. I stood in the check out line for an hour and 45 minutes. I didn't mind though. I made some new friends, sang some songs, and played a few games, all w/ the other strangers in line. Not too bad :) Did you hear about the Wal-Mart stampede, right here in MI at our local store? Crazy bitches. Glad I didn't go there. Sales make old hags go banana's. I don't know that I will be going next year. I'm going to finish up all my shopping online now. Oh, except for one trip to an outlet mall w/ friends.

Hubs took off Saturday to go deer hunting. I was bored out of my mind. I played UNO, Connect Four, and did umpteen million puzzles w/ the kids to try and pass the time. It didn't work. All of the friends that I would have liked to hung out w/ were gone, or ditched me. I was feeling a bit detached, and lonely. The house was so empty. Thankfully, my kids were well behaved, and they got a kick out of all the games we played that day. I was so excited when hubs finally got home- although he left me again shortly there after, and I spent another evening alone. I didn't mind as much though, because I knew hubs would be home to crawl into bed w/ me. I don't know why I was so needy on Saturday, I'm generally not. At all. The worst part of being needy that day was that none of my friends that I so adore, were there for me. It's not often where I feel like I need to lean on someone. I'm pretty self sufficient. But the one time I do feel like needing to lean, there was no one there for me. I'm still feeling a little detached. Like I don't want to call any of my friends today, kind of like- if they are interested in chatting, I'll let them call me. It's dumb I know. I'll get over it.

I get to clean another house this week! Its about time, I need the money. This house won't be near as gross as the last one, and I'll be getting paid better. Woohoo. Other good news for the week, hubs and I get to go out twice this week. Yep, twice! We are going out to dinner w/ my in laws tonight, and Thursday is his work Christmas party. I can't believe its already that time of year again. Every weekend from now till Christmas, we have something going on. The holidays are going to fly right by us. I love Christmas. Its my favorite time of the year. My little girl will turn 4 in a few weeks as well. 4?! Man. I better get on that shopping! Good day!

1 comment:

CaliGirl said...

our weather here is as bad as yours. it cant make up its mind! driving me nuts trying to dress kiddo for school each day.

when i lived in cali i never did the whole "black friday" shopping thing...i love my sleep too much. plus i hate crowds when i shop. my mom and sisters where the crazy fools. the stress and lack of sleep isnt work the money i will be saving (IMO) to go through all that.

big hugs to you girlie and have a great time going out this week.

my hubbys xmas party is this saturday so we get a night out on our own too! wohoo!