About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

My naughty girl has been getting better. She refused to dance at her dance class yesterday, which was a first, so I let it go. I had things to do anyway. But the rest of the day, she was good. And this morning went smoothly as well. Yay! I hope she keeps it up. I've been giving her lots of praise for being good, I hope it lasts for a while.
My baby's 2nd tooth broke through. In the last week, I've been giving her a few bottles a day, so my milk supply has gone done, which was my intention. From Sunday night through all night last night, she absolutely refused a bottle. Anytime I would try to give her one, she would fuss, and push it away w/ both hands. I nursed her every 2 hours all sunday night, and all day yesterday. I felt awful. Here she was so hungry, and I only had so much to give her. I think I started something... For some reason, on Sunday night, I was just feeling clingy to her, like I HAD to be close to her. I let her sleep w/ me, and that's something that I never do. She was cuddled up close to my chest, and she kept waking up, wanting to nurse. I think it was b/c she could smell me. I'm not sure where my clingy feeling came from. Guilt? Hormones? I don't know. But it was sweet. I woke up to her making her hungry noise, and her hands trying to get at my breast. So I fed her, whenever she wanted, all night long. Oops. I'm guessing that had something to do w/ her refusing a bottle all day long. Then last night, b/c she wasn't well fed, she kept waking up. I let her go for a while, hoping she would fall back asleep on her own, but she didn't. Finally at 4 am, while she was at the breast, I slipped a bottle to her, and she took it. Phew. I did that again this morning, knowing my milk was low, and it worked. Now I don't know what I should do again. I think I'm going to pick up some fenugreek and try to increase my supply, and perhaps just stick w/ breastfeeding. We'll see.
Today is laundry day. I'm letting the rest of my house go to hell, and I'm just going to concentrate on laundry. I can't remember when I was so behind. I always have a few loads waiting, but right now, I think I have like 15 or something. I'm going to keep track of how many I do.
I have to get some groceries for Thanksgiving today too. We are getting together w/ hubs side of the family- should be fun. This was the most boring post ever. But whaever- the burden has been lifted. Happy day all.

No comments: