About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, December 12, 2005

Busy Busy Funk Funk

The weekend was busy! I knew it would be, but geez, it kicked my ass. I was so tired last night. I couldn't keep my eyes open, nor could I be patient w/ my family. My fault for stacking up too much over the weekend.

Saturday was unreal. Kids had to be to church at 9am for practice. Right after that, we went to an extended family Christmas party. My hubs has a HUGE family. This party is w/ all of his Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. I don't know any of their names, and I don't like to go, but hubs parents would be upset if we didn't make it, so we go. I try to avoid awkward situations by never speaking to anyway w/ their name. Ha! Next up was the memorial service for Chicken's grandpa. That was rough. I didn't know him well, but it was hard to see my friend so tore up. Her family has a different religious background than mine, so the service was very different for me. All funerals are sad, but somehow, this one seemed worse. From the memorial service, I went to a birthday party. From the birthday party, I went to a poker game, and lost. Sucked.

Sunday we had to be at church at 9, for the kids Christmas pageant. My son was a shepard, and my daughter a sheep. lol. It was cute. We went to breakfast w/ my family afterward. And THEN, we went to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra! That was an awesome show. I had never been, and I hadn't really heard of them either. They played for almost 3 hours, and were very high energy. The light show was like nothing I've ever seen, and they had some sweet fire stuff too. It was heavy metal-ish Christmas music. If you have a chance to see this group, you should! I think hubs and I will go again next year. It was very cool, and Blue approved. It was a good weekend.

That being said, I'm in a funk. Overwhelmed w/ Christmas stuff, my daughters fast approaching birthday, housework, bills, and hubs. I'm feeling bad. There is so much going on, and I can't figure out how to manage everything, pay for it all, or keep up with it. I want to cut myself out from the rest of the world for a few days, hide, and sleep. Nothing is all that bad, but I can't shake the emotional coaster I'm riding. I want to get off and level out. It will all come together soon, it always does. But just knowing that doesn't comfort me much... Looking bleak.

No comments: