About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow Day!

When I was in school, I LIVED for snow days. There was nothing better than laying in bed, listening to the radio, waiting for your school to come up. And when it did... ahhhh.. Roll back over, and fall into the best sleep of your life. My kids have a snow day today! I don't have to bring anyone anywhere!! And, its Friday. Western Michigan had between 6 and 10 inches of snow last night. 277 schools are closed in West MI today. Check it out.

That's a whole lotta snow. My kids are going to have a blast going down the slide later. It gets super slippery when they have on snow pants.

Speaking of kids, my baby is doing a little bit better. She's been sleeping at night, most of the time, and seems to be in better spirits. She doesn't want to nurse though. She hasn't gotten her appitight (I don't know how to sp that) back yet.

I went out w/ my friend M last night. We had a great time. I've been needing to get away from my kids, and hubs. Sometimes you just need a break, you know. We went out for dinner, and had a super delicious coffee drink. mmmmm. Our usual routine when we go out is dinner, and a movie. The dinner is always good, the movie, always crap. We have a knack for picking bad movies. Last night, however, we finally saw a good one. We saw Pride and prejudice. It was cute. Its a chick flick, and some of the dialect is hard to catch, but it was good. After the movie, we had I c e c r e a M. Perfect night out. I feel so refreshed today. I told M last night, that I'd prly be spending most of today cleaning up the damage done to my house when we were out. When I go out, hubs and kids have a party, and trash the place. But I was so glad to be out, I didn't care. When I got home last night, the house was clean! Like cleaner than I left it. My hubs is the sexiest bitch alive. I love that man.

We have a lot going on this weekend! Poker tonight. A memorial service for Chicken's papa :(, a bday party, another poker game, my kids Christmas pageant at church, a Christmas party, and tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. I have NO idea how we are going to pull that off, but should make for some interesting blogging on Monday. Have a great weekend blogland :)

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

It hasnt snowed out here once. :0( I wanna snow day too!

aughra said...

Nope, no snow day in Macomb County. Oodles in Wayne and Oakland, though. And guess what, I got homemade hummus as a thank you for doing my neighbor's driveway!!

mistyblue3 said...

linny- where are you? GA? I could send you some in a cooler :) We've got too much. Snow days are the best. Other states should have something else though.. like too flippn hot day, or rain day.. Everyone needs an unexpected day off.

Aughra- Nice! What lovely neighbors you have. Is it good??