About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Rough night!

I wasn't feeling very good last night. I have some sort of sinus issue that is causing awful headaches. Hubs was fantastic, and told me I should just go to bed, get some rest. Lovely. It was 7:30. I couldn't wait to get in bed. I climbed in my nice comfy, cushy, bed, in that one spot. You know the one. You generally can't find it till 5 minutes before you have to get up. Ahh, yes. So cozy, so quiet... peaceful. And then, 20 minutes later.... I was woken up by my daughter screaming, the baby crying, and things falling. I was SUPER pissed. Hubs was suppose to have this- What in the HELL is going on out here? I found the baby on the floor in the hallway, crying her poor sad baby eyes out, and Hubs was in the bathroom w/ Ave trying to get her in the tub. She was crying, yelling that she didn't want a bath, and pushing bottles of shampoo of the tub on to the floor. Hubs was very calm, and she was being a dick. I was in a sleep crazed haze- not quite awake yet, but totally pissed. I told hubs I'd handle this and take the baby, oh, and I hear Max crying about something as well. I went and got a wooden spoon, told Ave to be quiet or she was going to be in trouble (hence the spoon). I believe I also uttered an absolutely terrible phrase such as "knock it off, or I'm going to beat ya". Geez. I can't figure out where the mom of the year trophy is. My poor kids. I can't not believe some of the crap that flies out of my mouth when I've lost my mind. I don't think she heard it, I hope she didn't! Rotten mommy. After Ave's bath, it was Max's turn. He's usually good about it, but not last night. Cry cry cry, complain complain complain. Meanwhile, baby is crying, won't take a bottle from Hubs. I'm suppose to be sleeping right now, getting rid of this headache, which is only get worse, and I'm getting more and more short of temper. Get Max out of the tub, take the baby, give her the bottle. And of course, she takes it just fine from me. Okay, now older kids have brushed teeth, and hubs is getting them into bed. and once again, they are crying. They want MOMMY to tuck them in. Little bastards. I'll do it. Go into Avery's room first, and step on a hard plastic doll pacifier. It jammed ever NOT so pleasantly into the arch of my barefoot. I grunt to cover up my "sonofabitch", and promtly throw it. Still holding it together. BARELY. Avery has a tent on top of her bed, so to tuck her in, you have to lean into the tent. I lean in and WHAM! She HITS ME IN THE FUCKING HEAD W/ A PLASTIC DOLL!!!!! Holy shit motherfucker, I am suppose to be in my mothering fucking bed right now and what in the hell is wrong w/ these children?! K, I didn't say any of that, but it went through my head. OH MY GOSH, I can't handle this anymore, hubs please take over, I'm getting out of here. Hubs tried to give me a hug, I was close to tears, but I couldn't let him, b/c I was in rip off your fucking head mode. I just stepped out, and then Ave is crying again, b/c she hurt mommy. She didn't mean to, she just meant to throw it b/c she was mad about going to bed, but I leaned in just at the right moment. Good grief. What a night. After I cooled off, I went and kissed Avery, and told her I was ok, and please don't throw your dolls. I know it was an accident, it's ok. After all that nonsense, I finally climbed back into bed, an hour and 15 minutes later. Hubs felt bad. He didn't know why the kids were terrible, and was sorry that they woke me up, but thanks for helping me... Try to go to bed early, and the natives go wild.... That's what we mothers get.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

My dd has started slapping me in the face. very painful!!! Unfortunatly also only 11 months.
I just answered you boxing day question that you left on Caligirls blog, answered in her comment section.
Happy New Year

mistyblue3 said...

andrea- that's awful! Seems that babies go throw that stage somewhere around that age. Either hitting or biting. Not much you can do about it for an 11 month old! It will pass! And thanks for explaining boxing day. What a nice tradition! Americans SHOULD have such a day :)

Avery's mom said...

my mother use to carry around a wooden spoon in her purse.....talk about embarasing

thank you so much for your comment. I look forward to being Mom of the Year for 2006

Happy New Year and may God Bless your family

CaliGirl said...

a moms work is never done. funny how kids do that right when you need the rest the most.

hope you are feeling better...and as andrea said...she answered your question about boxing day on my blog comments....lol i havent been good at getting back to the comments....i think i need a spanking....lol

big hugs to you girlie ...get some rest when you can. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

mrs. awesome said...

my mom used to carry a wooden spoon in her purse too! all she had to do was flash it and we shaped up in a hurry. :) we all have nights/days like that. i'm always glad for a fresh start the next day.

mistyblue3 said...

I joked to Hubs that I was going to make a necklace out of a wooden spoon so it would always be on display! haha. Funny to know that your mothers carried one in her purse! That's always an idea!!