About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Holy Croup Batman!

Sure enough, tis croup. The doc gave her a shot of steroids to reduce the swelling in her vocal chords, or wind pipe, whatever it is that swells up w/ croup. I was somewhat surprised that she really does have it. After hearing her cough this morning, I was really starting to doubt that she had it. The doc said that croup really only bothers them when they are laying down. So after they get up from bed, they can seem fine, until they lay down again. I'm glad I went. She'll be really contagious for the next 3 days. Not for older kids, but mostly just to other babies. I hope it doesn't turn into a serious condition and passes quickly.

I was talking about the baby to my fried Talula, about maybe it being croup, and my guilt about weaning. Anyway, she kept telling me that I was overly paranoid. Which I am, but the way she said it sounded more like she was insulting me. Kind of like the same tone as "you're a bitch, a stupid one" but really flat- bothered me. And you can't exactly say to one of your girlfriends "don't use that TONE w/ me" lol. I love her to pieces, but sometimes I wonder what her motivation is when she says certain things to me. Like, is she trying to rile me up here, insult me, or support me. Hard to tell some days. Weird. Ever have that?

5 comments:

Chicken said...

check it out you wrote.."FriED Talula"........Anyway...Don't pay any attention....pet peeve..when people talk down to me. You wanna give me advice...fine, don't talk down to me. You know...love you.

Keith said...

I hat that seal-like barking cough that comes with the croup. Thank god only one of my kids has had it.

Avery's mom said...

pour baby has the croup...hope you can hang in there.

Lindsey said...

Poor baby. I hope she gets to feeling better ASAP. I know you're ready for it too.

mistyblue3 said...

chk- oops :) Yeah, that's the worst

keith- its terrible!
thanks Avery's mom

thanks linny! I'm VERY ready for it