About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Dammit!

I got 1/2 through this very descriptive post of my holidays and events, and then I fucking lost it. Damn you blogger! GEEZ. So now I'm just going to do the short version. I can't believe its been a week since I've posted. It has been crazy busy. Christmas Eve we spent w/ some friends roasting hot dogs in the fireplace, having a few drinks, and everybody brought a dish to pass. It was a really nice way to spend the evening. The weather has been super mild which is retarded. But then again, this is Michigan. Our weather is always bananas. We had ass loads of snow all the way up to Christmas, and then, it all melted! Gone. Christmas is the only acceptable day to have snow. I can deal w/ it then, and even enjoy it. The worst is that I know it will be back till at least March. All that, and no snow for Christmas. Unreal.
Christmas day was fantastic. We went light on gifts this year, but even still, couldn't have been better. I love watching my kids tear open presents, and seeing their eyes light up. We spent the day w/ family, and had an awesome time. Good food, and good company too. I love love love it that Chicken gets to be a part of that as well. Its lovely to have your partner in crime present at all family functions. She and my bro better get married soon. I want more nieces and nephews! My kids were spoiled, and I also got some fab things. I love Christmas, but next year, I'm going to do less! I want to be able to thoroughly enjoy the holidays, rather than lose my hair over what has to be made for which event, and stay up till all hours of the night wrapping gifts. One thing I'd like to do again- I made my brother a scrap book filled w/ pictures of us together when we were little. He loved it. I've never done anything like that before, but it was fun to make, and he really appreciated it. Made giving the gift that much nicer. I would like to spend more time thinking of thoughtful gifts, and MUCH less time cooking and cleaning.
The girls are finally better! No more coughing or sickness of any sort. My son must have the immune system of an Ox, b/c he never got it at all. He was sniffling and kind of coughing for a day, so I kept him home, but by the next day, he was much better!
Monday we tried to find places for all of our loot, and clean up. I'm continually amazed but how my house can go from shining to dump in a very little time frame. I still haven't gotten it all back to normal! Hope I can do more tomorrow. I would like a clean house again!
Today I had an extra kid all day. My good friends had a baby today! She's beautiful. She has more hair than I think I've EVER seen on an infant. Cutie. I had their son all day. He's a really good boy, so no problem there. It just made it kind of a crazy day w/ 4 small kids in the house.
I hope all your holidays were the best. I promise to post regularly now!!!

No comments: