About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Broken Kitty :(

My poor sad kitty is broken. Mike is my cat, he's my baby. He's a huge black cat. He's kind of skittish, and doesn't really like anyone but me. He's more like a dog than a cat. He understands me, and comes when I call him. Now he's broken...
Avery was having a trantrum b/c she didn't want a nap. She has this awful habit of slamming her door when she angry. Poor Mike didn't see it coming. He didn't jump out of the way quite fast enough. She caught the tip of his tail in the door. I didn't realize at first that she got him. I thought he moved fast enough. A short while later, I was going thru the kitchen, and I saw blood on the floor. When I looked by Avery's door, I saw cat hair, and more blood. Mike was in hiding, I couldn't find him. I started to panic a bit. I finally found him hiding under Max's bed, pissed off and bleeding. Oh man, it was gross. I felt terrible for my cat, and really angry w/ my daughter. I called the vet, and they said to bring him in.
When Avery got up, I told her what had happened. She felt bad, she didn't know Mike was there. I tried to explain to her how serious it was, and could have been. I wanted her to get it. Hubs and I weren't sure what sort of consequence to give her, but we decided on her coming to the animal hospital w/ me and Mike, to talk to the Vet. The vet explained that they would have to cut his tail down a few inches, stich it up, and wrap it. She did a good job explaining it so Avery understood that Mike was going to have to be given shots, lose part of his tail, and wouldn't feel very good for a few weeks. He had to spend the night w/ the vet. Avery felt awful, and has been very careful about shutting doors. I hope it keeps up.
We picked Mike up this morning, and its very sad :( He still has a good length of tail, but even still. He's gone into hiding. When he decides to come out, I'll snap a picture for you. Sad kitty.
What a week! Can't it get much crazier around here?!? My kids are being good today, thank God! The past few days I could have thrown them off a roof w/o guilt! Tonight we are having our regular poker game, and tomorrow we are having a New Year's party. I think we'll have somewhere b/w 15-30... Not sure exactly how many, but I'm looking fwd to it. Everyone is bringing their own drinks and a munchie, and we are ordering pizza, so there is very little work for me to do. Woohoo! Happy New Year!!

No comments: