About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Madness!

I have been so busy! The weekend w/ hubs family at the hotel was fun. The kids had a ball, and so did most of the grown ups. I didn't really get to participate in any of the card games or board games, but I was content. I caught up on sleep for sure. Hubs took ave to the doc on Friday before we left. The doc gave her some steroids also, and since then, she's been much better. I thought that Jade was better, but she has a fever today. Her first fever ever, and its 102.4! Poor baby. My kids have been healthy all year, up till now. And of course, happens to be the week before Christmas. I hope everything is gone by this weekend. It would really suck to have to stay home w/ sick kids and miss out on all of our family/friend gatherings.
We got home from the hotel on Sunday afternoon, and went directly to bowling. I'm getting better!! I think we started a few months ago(we play every other Sunday, I think Sunday was my 5th game) and I'm now getting 20 - 30 pins more per game. That's pretty good, at least I think so. From bowling, I went shopping for Avery's birthday. We had her birthday party on Monday night. I can't believe she's 4! I cry every time my kids have a birthday. I'm so proud of them, its exciting to watch them grow and change. At the same time, it makes me sad that they are becoming big kids. These years go by so fast! Too fast. Avery had a great birthday. I'll try to post pics of it later this week.
Tuesday I went to school w/ Ave for her Christmas party. I coordinated it this year, and it went well. There are 8 little girls in her class, so cute! At recess time, we went down to the gym so they could run off some steam. All of them immediately started running in a big circle, screaming. It looked like fun, so I joined them. In the corner of the gym, there was a HUGE pile of those big squishy mats, and I belly flopped on them. The other parents that were there looked at me as if I had lost my damn mind. Haha! They must not run around w/ their kids acting like retards. I bet they don't play karate ninjas either. lol. Losers :) After school, a friend came home w/Ave, and I hung out w/ her mom. Good times. Last night I cleaned a house. Worked my ass off, and I'm paying for it today. The rest of this week was as busy as the first half. Bah! I will post more when I have more time!

4 comments:

CaliGirl said...

so glad everyone is slowly getting better. but still sucks to be sick right now....i sure know.

btw...i have tagged you. come visit me to see what i would like you to do...its something i found interesting yet a little hard.

hugs girlie and merry christmas.

Chicken said...

I can't wait for Christmas though! I can't wait to watch the kiddies! I live my missing childhood Christmas's through them! Love you!

mrs. awesome said...

catching up on sleep...i am SO jealous :) hope you are all well so you can enjoy Christmas!

mistyblue3 said...

Hi cali! Merry Christmas, and I will stop by!

chk- love you too, and christmas was the best ever!

gj- how's that baby doing???? Merry Christmas to you!