About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Its Friday already! It's been a quick week. Went to hubs work Christmas party last night, it was nice. The food was awesome. Hubs got a bonus (cha-ching), and I got a 25$ gift card to the mall. Its so nice that his company does that for the wives, every year. He works for a good company.

I've got millions of things to do, and not much time to do them! Or I should say I don't want to make time for them. It would be nice if things would take care of themselves. A magic lamp would come handy :) I have a whole house to clean, laundry and grocery shopping to accomplish today. I have to bake a cake too. We play poker on Friday nights, so there's that. I'm having a baby shower at my house tomorrow for my friend. I want to make sure I get as much done for tomorrow as I can today. There's nothing I despise more than rushing around in the morning. Seems like I have something to do tomorrow night... but I can't remember. And Sunday is our bowling league.

It's begun. I love the holidays, but I start to get frazzled this time of year. Lots of things to do, gifts to buy, parties to go to. I need to put up the Christmas tree, and decorations, and get our the 50 or so Christmas cards we send out. I always think that the next holiday season will not be so busy. But indeed, it always is. I would rather be snuggling w/ hubs and the kids. Some year, I'm going to do it. I'm going disconnect the phone from Dec 1 thru Jan 2 :) Wouldn't that be great?? No million phone calls, no million errands, or 4 doz Christmas cookies... I can dream. I'd prly hate it after a week though. As much as the busy bothers me, I love seeing our friends and family. I love cooking. Christmas is my most favorite day of the year. But there really is a lot of hullabaloo. Maybe I can carve out a few days here and there to play w/ my family and ignore the world :) I think I will. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: