About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, December 05, 2005

The weekend was nice. I didn't win in the main poker game, but I did win a side game. I stayed up WAY too late. I was so very tired Saturday. I did end up having to rush around, which sucked, but I pulled it off. The shower came together nicely. Hubs was pooped too. We put a movie in after the kids went to bed, and passed out on the couch. Last night was our bowling night. I'm still not a good bowler, but I feel like I've kind of figured something out. Now I just need to make it better.

I've discovered that if I get up an hour and a half early each morning, and don't sit all day long, I can almost stay on top of things around here. I'm going to try it for a few days. I'm so sick of having mess everywhere. I lost it Saturday night w/ my kids. My house was clean, I had been busting my ass all day to keep it that way. Ave was munching on some crackers, and managed to spread them all over the kitchen/dining room. No problem. Pick it up. Then she and Max did some craft project w/ Styrofoam. Again, all over. Still no problem, pick it up. Then my naughty girl shredded up paper EVERYWHERE. Damn! Starting to get irritated, but whatever, clean it up. Then my daughter laid some crayons on the table, and cut them up into tiny tiny pieces w/ a plastic knife. Then there were crayon shreds, and crayon ALL OVER my table and counters. CURSE AND SWEAR! I was pissed. All of this happened in less than an hour. 4-fucking times, in a row! Grr! I lost my temper, yelled, cried. It is so frustrating to try and keep on top of my 3 kids, housework, laundry, cooking, and hubs. Hubs was home Saturday night, but he doesn't pay attention to that sort of thing. If I ask him to take care of something, he will, but he's not the kind of guy to see a mess and think to pick it up. And I refuse to not let my kids be kids. I could follow them around w/ a trash can and a whip, but no. I'm not that kind of mom. They are told to pick up after themselves, but they're little still, so I don't expect perfection. They get the bigger pieces, and can put things back to where they belong. But they're cyclones. They pull out something, start to play with it, the other one gets bored pulls out something else, then they come w/ an idea to play something together, but a different game/item in a completely different room within minutes. Its exhausting. And on top of being exhausting. I don't flippn feel like it. Even when I don't feel like it, clutter drives me nuts. I will eventually find a happy medium, I hope :)

P.S. HELLO LURKER... WHO ARE YOU? YOU DO A GOOGLE SEARCH FOR MY BLOG TWICE A WEEK OR SO AND NEVER COMMENT. WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR ME????????

3 comments:

Troubador said...

Sometimes it takes a good temper tantrum to convince your kids you are serious about something. It usually gets Hubs attention too.

Avery's mom said...

guess I shouldnt invite you to my home if you hate clutter lol

mistyblue3 said...

troubador- I think it just makes them think thier mommy is nuts :)

avery's mom- lol! My house isn't one of those houses that looks like a magazine cover, at all. You can tell people, especially kids, live here. I just can't stand it when there is too much shit everywhere~ and besides, you just had a baby! you are entitled to clutter!