About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

oh NO

Crap. Ave came down w/ croup last night. My doc said that older kids don't usually get it. Of course MY kids would. Poor girl. She woke up in a coughing fit last night. As soon as she started coughing, I knew. I'm keeping her home from school today, but I hope she gets better faster than the baby did. Her birthday party is Thursday night, we could always reschedule, but that would devastate her. She's having a joint bday w/ one of the other girls from her preschool class. The party on Thursday is for all the kids in her class. Friday, we're leaving for Ohio for the weekend to celebrate Christmas w/ hubs family. It would SO suck to be stuck in a hotel room w/ a sick kid. I don't think I would go if she were still feeling bad. I hope that doesn't happen. I suppose its better she's sick this week, rather than the next. And at least both girls were not sick the same week. I got a brake in between. Nice.
I feel better today, not so stressed or cranky. Hubs made me feel better. I need to keep my attitude in check. I was being impatient and ornery w/ my family, for no other reason than my mood. That's terrible!
I have to work tonight! Woohoo. I haven't worked in a month at least, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to ask them about regular hours after the first of the year. I need to work now. Money is tight. If they could give me 2 nights during the week, and every other weekend, that'd be perfect. They are super flexible, so I could wait to go in after hubs got home. I love my job :) They are good to me there. I just hope they can fit regular hours in for me.

4 comments:

CaliGirl said...

awww...sorry to hear another kiddo is sick in your house. but like you said...could be worse...it could have been next week. my fingers are crossed that she is feeling well enough for her birthday party at school on thursday.

hang in there with your moods...the holidays are almost here and then we can all go back to normal...what ever that is. lol

big hugs to you girlie

mistyblue3 said...

cali- thanks, I hope she's better too. What is it about the holidays that bring the best and the worst out???? Hugs to you too :D

Lindsey said...

Sick kids are never fun...poor babies.

I know you've got to be excited about getting out and talking to adults for a change.

mistyblue3 said...

linny- I look fwd to work b/c of that reason! Its like a mini vacation for me :)