About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My year in review

Happy New Year! We had a great New Year. We rang it in w/ champange and all some of our greatest friends. We had a wonderful time. What a year its been! It's been good/awesome overall. Here are some of my highlights:

My mother in law beat breast cancer this year! We found out in 04', and the cancer was already a stage 3. It was scary! I kept thinking what if she doesn't make it? What if this baby I'm carrying never gets to know her, or love her like I do? I also thought a lot about the why's. Why her? She's a faithful believer, healthy in all other aspects, never has told a lie, never smoked a smoke, drank a beer, lived the cleanest/healthiest life style- why isn't it me? It was rough for me, and where I stood in my faith. She started chemo right away, and then on Apr. 1, 2005, she had a double masectomy. When the results came back, after surgery, she was C L E A R! I cried for days. I couldn't believe it. We were so thankful. 6 wks after her surgery, she did radiation, 5 days a week, for 15 minutes a day, for a total of 8 weeks. She's doing great still!

I had my 3rd child on April 14. We were thrilled! We had tried to conceive for 2 yrs, and then finally, gave up. We just didn't think it was meant to be. Hubs just had to wink at me to get preggos for the other 2. It was a very sad time for us, and just when I really forgot about it, TA DA!! I was pregnant. Jade was born via C-section on Apr. 14. She was a little peanut! 7 pds 91/2 oz, and 20 1/2 inches long. She was and is beautiful.













My son started kindergarten this year! That was a big deal for us as well. He loves it, and is doing very well. Its hard to watch your kids march off to school.

Avery started preschool and dance this year. I wasn't sure about sending her to preschool (she was only 3), but I thought that it would be good for her. She had a hard time when Jade was born. I wanted her to know, and to feel that there were things special about her, that only she could do. I thought school and dance would be helpful w/ that. School is going great, and dance is too, when she feels like it. She changes her mind from week to week on weather or not she likes it.

We didn't take any huge trips this past year, but we did go camping a lot, and short weekend trip. I think we went camping 6 times, Toledo once, and we spent 3 days at The Great Wolf Lodge, which our kids thought was the coolest ever. If you've never been, and you have small kids, look it up and see if one is near you. Its awesome!

Hubs and I started having regular poker games here at home after the kids go to bed. We play in the garage, and its been fun. We get a chance to be social w/ others, do something fun together, and we never have to pay a sitter. We joined a bowling league too!

I can't think of anything else. I hope I didn't forget anything. This year I want to try to be a better mom. I need to work on being patient.. I'm NOT so great at that. I'm a work in progress. I want to be more organized as well. Not good at that either. I have a feeling that 2006, is going to be a great year!

8 comments:

Chuck said...

Wow girl, you surely had a lot of wonderful things happen this year! What awesome results with the MIL's cancer and your child's birth....how can you top it in '06?

mistyblue3 said...

Yes we did Chuck! I don't know that it can be topped! Maybe if I tried some of those black eyed peas....

Chuck said...

Yep...think how much better your luck would be had you eaten them!! lol

Chicken said...

I love that baby. I love all your babies! I hope it is a good year for all of us. Love you

Lindsey said...

It's been a long and crazy year. Can't wait to see what this year brings us.

Becky L said...

your daughter takes dance? thats great. I want my little erica to do that someday. (not yet, of course-- she's only ten months!)

mrs. awesome said...

i loved reading your recap of 2005. maybe i'll do one too. today was a good day to be reminded of all that i have to be thankful for. :)

mistyblue3 said...

chk- I have a feeling it will be!!

linny- it has been. I love the new year, and the feeling of a clean slate.

Becky- thanks for coming by! she takes a class that is ballet/jazz and tumbling. She loves it. This is her first year (she just turned 4 a few weeks ago).

GJ- it was fun remembering all the great moments, and feeling the sadness/shock too as I wrote it. Somedays are harder than others to count your blessings!