About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Finally.

I'm better :) I finally feel better. I was able to eat some soup last night, and that really helped. I haven't attempted anything yet today, food still doesn't sound good. My doc called in some medicine for me for the strep, and I can already tell that its working. Lets just hope the antibiotic doesn't give me a yeast infection. Gross. Sorry, too much info?? The kids are doing great too! Other than they are fighting w/ each other a lot. All the time home they had this week must be affecting them. Or is effecting? I can never remember which.
I don't have any big plans for the weekend. I'd like some though. I'm not one to be cooped up. I need to be out and about. I know hubs is having his poker game tonight, but I'm so NOT playing. One of my girlfriend invited the kids and I over to play disney scene it. I think I might do that. That might be fun. Saturday, hubs is going to another poker game (grr), so I don't have anything for tomorrow either. It seems like I haven't been out in a while. I need a good-let-loose girls night. Some drinks, and some dancing maybe?? I haven't been out dancing in a few years. All the clubs we have around here are full of just-turned-21 hoodrats. The girls walk around 1/2 naked, and the guys try to creep up on you. Eww. That kind of atmosphere isn't very appealing to someone such as myself, but I really would like to go bust a move w/ some girlfriends. Maybe I should open a new club. You have to be fully dressed, not get tanked, and if you're a boy, you need to dance in your own space :) That sounds like fun. Am I turning into a prude in my old age?? I just might be.
I have nothing interesting to talk about. My lack of getting out has left me no entertaining stories to tell. I should make one up. Or, maybe a past story? I'll save that for this weekend. I'll come up w/ a good one! Have a good weekend all, and stay healthy!

Oh- and go check out Chicken's blog today, her post is fantastic :)

3 comments:

Chicken said...

Yes your correct, all the clubs suck. You are better off going to a hole-in-the-wall and making your own dance floor! I'd go with ya, but I am not much fun in that dept. right now....ahhh

Lindsey said...

OH no...your kids finally get better and then YOU get sick? you poor thing!!

Becky L said...

i'd love a chance to get out and party with the girls.

i was at a party last saturday and this saturday-- but Hubby and Baby came along. So, we only were able to be there for like 2 hours... so i basicly missed all the fun, cuz it always takes awhile for things to really get going.

ah well