About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm having all these lovely day dreams about blowing off my responsibilities and sleeping ALL day. Today is the perfect day for staying in bed. Gray, kind of raining. I love sleeping when its raining. I always sleep so much more soundly, and deep. When I was in college, I remember the alarm going off one morning. I reached over to hit it, and I heard the rain. I hadn't even opened my eyes yet, I smiled, and rolled back over. I missed a big test that morning. Oops. Damn rain. Seems like I haven't gotten enough sleep this week, its been busy. I stay up late to clean up the day's damage, or read to unwind. I just read a huge book that took place in Ireland. I want to sleep listening to the rain, and dreaming of Ireland. Dreaming/sleeping was a favorite hobby of mine before the rugrats.
Speaking of rugrats, they have been very good! When I got home last night, all the kids were sleeping. I sat down w/ hubs to hang out, and Avery got up. She came over and crawled up in my lap. All she said was "mama" and quickly fell asleep on my shoulder. Aww. She can be hell on wheels most days, and then sweet angel girl on a rare few. I love those times. Makes being a mama all the more precious.
My run-away-friend is coming for a night next week w/o her kids. I'm looking fwd to seeing her. Its been a few months now. Her hubs is being sentenced then, so she's coming for that. She wants to know how long he's going away for. She keeps going back and fourth w/ divorce. For awhile, she was sure she was going to do that, now she doesn't know if she can/should/whatever. Everyone has an opinion on it, of course, which just confuses her all the more. I haven't given her mine, and I won't. She needs to make it by herself. But, I must say, if she doesn't decide to divorce him, and stay w/ him, I don't think I can stick around. I have very strong feelings about what he did. Being a child molester victim myself, I just can't get around that. I have little girls! I would never ever be able to welcome him into my home, EVER. It seems like a simple thing to me. But it's not my family, my husband, or situation. But if it was, I would get a divorce. Like right now. I don't think I'd need to think about it at all. Ok, so there wasn't any penetration, but he fondled an 11 yr old girl. SICK. Bastard. I don't want to ditch my friend, but man, I can't deal w/ that shit. I hope she makes a good decision.

4 comments:

Keith said...

I think you of all people have to be the one to deal with that shit and be her friend during this tough time for her and her kids. You've got such a unique perspective on the situtation.

mistyblue3 said...

Keith- I will continue to be around for her, but if she takes him back....don't know if I can then, its just a tad bit too close for comfort. Something to think about though.. thanks for the comment

CaliGirl said...

ahhh...sleep...i love sleeping. thats my favorite thing to do :)

your moment with avery was so sweet...put a smile on my face. they are so precious at that age no matter how much they drive us nuts...its those moments.

all i have to say about this guy...he is sick and i wouldnt let him anywhere near my house knowing that info. i have a girl just turning 11 soon and it makes me sick to know he did what he did.
i do hope he gets help. hard decision you have to make if she does take him back. i dont know what i would do 100%. she does need a friend but like you said...its just not right for him to be around their kids and so on. *shurgs*....she has some major thinking to do about her life as well as her childrens.

big hugs

mrs. awesome said...

i think i would really have to consider what kind of mom would stay with a man like that. i don't think that's the kind of person i would want to stay friends with. i think you kids come before you own reasons (love,etc.) parenting is all about self-sacrifice. how would she be able to live with the knowledge that he might do it again, and maybe to one of their kids?? and maybe something worse than just fondling. i can't see staying friends with someone who would make that choice (if she does).