About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, January 09, 2006

A New Record

We finally saw the sun yesterday! We broke the record here in West Michigan for the most consecutive days in a row w/o any recorded sunshine. Not even a sliver. I think it was something like 17 days, but even before that, if we had any, it was only a slice for a few minutes. I was starting to worry that it would NEVER come back, and then all of these awful things would start to happen.... In 5th grade, we watched some video about how the sun was a star, and how eventually, all stars die. Then it went in to what would happen if we were left w/o sunlight. I had nightmares for months about the sun exploding, and then living in the dark. It was terrible! I was VERY happy to see the sun yesterday. I handled the gloom much better than I thought I would. Winter in W. Michigan is gross. Its pretty for the first little while, but then everything gets slushy, and gray. Kids are cooped up inside, and I get a bit depressed. But these last couple weeks, I did ok. I was starting to get bummed, but then it came back, in the nick of time. I need sunshine! Of course today, back to gray... I think I might need to go tanning. I imagine that would help.
I don't have anything else to gab about... Weekend was not very interesting. Hubs and I did go out to dinner w/o any kids, that was nice. We met another couple for dinner, and had a good time. I was hoping to be alone w/ my hubs, but it was ok anyhow. This week isn't looking bad, should not be too busy. Oh, and we caved. Back to cable we go. Its only been a few months, and we miss it. Rotten TV anyway! Enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Becky L said...

its amazing how the lack of sunlight can get you bummed.

i always heard people say that during the winter, lots of people get depressed cuz it gets so dark out so soon. i thought it was mumbo-jumbo.

this year though it affected me. I guess b/c i'm home all day with Erica, and by the time Hubby comes home, its dark and we cant go do anything.

i'm glad you got some sunlight! hope it lasts for awhile.

mistyblue3 said...

becky- being home all day does make a huge difference! Cabin fever... Sunshine helps so much. I hope we see more of it too!

mistyblue3 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Avery's mom said...

you guys have tanning salons up there?

I dont know if i could last 17 days with out sunlight. right now our part of the world (N. Texas) is working on longest with out rainfall but I swear i felt a couple drops yesturday afternoon but the weather men say no. SO we sit and wait and pray that our lawns dont catch fire. plenty of sunshine though.

Chicken said...

I get depressed in the winter time. I read somewhere that is was an actual disease..something something seasonal disorder. I thought it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo too. You know how the psycho field likes to put names on everything. But, then I thought what I have must actually exist, I thought all this time is was just me.

mistyblue3 said...

avery's mom- don't you have tanning salons there? Sounds like we need to trade weather.. We've had TONS of rain

chk- I believe its called S.A.D Yeah, its a for real thing. One more way the docs can steal our $$