About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

PUKE

I have to make this quick. Jade had a stomach bug on Sunday, she threw up twice before noon, and was back to normal again by dinner time. Last night, hubs started puking. I must say that having a sick husband, is worse than sick kids! He doesn't handle being sick well, so the whole time its 'ugh. moan. i feel so terrible. moan. ugh' I have a hard time being sympathetic, because I can never tell how bad it is, whatever he has is always the worst ever. Then this morning, Max woke up and puked in his bed. Bunk bed. Do you know how fucking hard it is to change bedding on a bunk bed? Terrible. Not to mention wiping the damn thing down w/ bleach water. Shortly after Ave got up its 'mommy, my tummy hurts' Fuck. I suppose she will have it this afternoon. This is the worst part about being a mom. Taking care of puking kids/hubs. Wiping ass', cleaning up puke, meeting demands of all sorts from ' more sprite please' 'please lay w/ me' to 'MOM I just shit my pants' or 'MOOOMM I just puked on the carpet'. And then ofcourse, Hubs too. I'm going to lose my damn mind today! I see my plans for slipping away crashed and burning. I need to make it through today w/o getting sick myself. Can you imagine if I did get sick today? THAT would be awful. Moms can't get sick. Ever. But even if we do, we still manage to hold on and take care of everyone else. I need an attitude adjustment today. I need to be considerate of my family. I'm being kind and patient w/ them, but I'm not feeln' it. At all. I want to piss and moan and run away for the day. GEEZ. When it rains, so they say. Strep throat last week... What's next?? I hope this is the last bout of sickness for us. I HATE this time of year. All sorts of nasty floating around, and for some reason, my kids are getting it all. Sonofabitch. This sucks.

EDIT- it only took Avery a 1/2 hour after I posted this to start puking. Fabulous. Fucking Fabulous.

6 comments:

Chicken said...

Let me know if you get sick, then I will come to the rescue!

mistyblue3 said...

chk- lol. Thanks, but NO! You don't need to get sick! Stay away, far away from the blue flu household!

Avery's mom said...

sounds like a pukefest over there, thats not any good.
hang in there dear, I dont think its a pandemic yet

Lindsey said...

Poor Mistyblue....

I don't know how you deal with it all.

CaliGirl said...

hope you have lots of crackers and sprite on hand.

hope the whole family feels better soon.

big hugs girlie

Becky L said...

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!

in december, for a few days i was sick. the whole puking thing... and Hubby was so insensitive about it. I wanted to get my rest, but he was too interested in watching TV and eating chocolate chips that he couldnt be bothered with watching Erica.

SO HE BROUGHT HER UP TO ME AND DROPPED HER DOWN ON MY STOMACH!

a week or so later, over Christmas, he got the flu. AND OH OH OH, DID HE WHINE! i just dont get it. I had to wait on his every beck and call.

i wish some men would just GROW UP! (and they wonder why we treat them like children???)