About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Pretty City




I love this section of downtown. The pictures are kind of crappy. I was driving, and my car windows need to be washed. The building w/ the pillars around it used to be some sort of 5 star fantastic hotel way back in the day. The ceiling in the lobby is awesome. It's covered w/ cherub angels and other pretty things. I've never seen anything like it. Marilyn Monroe stayed there at one time. Now its a low income housing complex. The rooms are so tiny. Cheap living, but full of riff raff. I don't know what the maroon building is, I just thought it was pretty :) The street view one used to be a pedestrian walk only. The made it into a road a few years back. Straight ahead is the vets memorial park, the children's museum, and the city police buildings. On the other end of the street (behind me) is Rosa parks circle. In the summer there are concerts/blues festival thing, and right now, its an ice skating rink. Our little city has grown a ton in the last 5-10 years, and it keeps growing. I love living here. I daydream about moving somewhere warmer, but I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

9 comments:

Chicken said...

Is the green and red building on Division?

mistyblue3 said...

yeah it is. Do you know what it is?

Chicken said...

I don't know what it is, but that green is copper and it turns green with age, you know like a penny. It is a cool building, I just recognized it. I remember seeing it all the time when I worked down there.

CaliGirl said...

thanks for sharing what your downtown looks like. maybe i'll do the same and share my town with you :)

mistyblue3 said...

cali- that's a great idea! You should! I would LOVE to see it.

Avery's mom said...

I was born in GR and lived there untill I was four years old. my memories are of the snowdrifts and not being able to see my parents over the white mounds of snow.

mistyblue3 said...

avery's mom- lol. sounds right :) But, as you can see, we are snowless at the moment :D

mrs. awesome said...

i love old buildings...it reminds me of the history there.

mistyblue3 said...

GJ- that's what I love about them too