About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, January 06, 2006

Interesting...

I went out w/ my parents last night. I don't think I've talked much about them here. I'm very close to my mom, and my step-dad's cool too, but they live in a much different world than I do. Always makes for an interesting evening. We went to a polish hall last night. If you don't know what that is, its kind of like an American Legion, but instead of vets, its filled w/ polish people. Cheap beer, and good food. We are polish, but not that much, so I don't know how my parents got a membership or whatever you call it there. My parents both ride Harley's. They are not typical when it comes to parents, to say the least. lol. We met up w/ some of their biker gang friends. I sat next to a shady character by the name of 'gangster'. They are all nice people, but definitely your typical bikers when you think of stereotypes. Tattoos, leather and beer. Maybe a few other substances. My parents dog is named Cannabis. Weird. LOL. Anyway, it was fun. I would have liked to stay longer, but all the talk of chrome, and wheel size and light dropping was getting a bit blah for me. Oh, and my mom proudly displayed her nearly-front-row-seats for a kid rock show coming up. Yep, not typical grandma.
My hubs and I went out w/ them a while back to a very popular biker bar. When we first got there, it wasn't very full at all, so we were having a great time. Then the door opened, and 30-ish outlaws came in. Ever hear of the Outlaws? Yeah, they can be scary. My parents got all weird when they showed up, and made it known to us that we needed to be extra careful. Don't take pictures, stay out of their way, and everything should be fine. My step dad was going on about how he won't sit w/ his back towards an outlaw blah blah blah. Sounds silly, but it was enough to make us nervous. The men had on long sleeved tee-shirts w/ outlaw written on the the sleeves, and leather vests w/their nicknames on it. The women also had leather vests on, and instead of their name, it said "so and so's Bitch". Nice. Some of the younger guys had something along the lines of trainee on it, and when I asked about it, being the friendly girl I am, he just stared at me. YIKES. Ok, I guess they don't socialize. The bar was small, and narrow. To get to the bathroom, you had to squeeze next to the pool table, which was, covered w/ outlaws. I couldn't wait anymore to pee, so I very carefully made my way back. I'm trying to avoid eye contact, stepping lightly, w/ the polite excuse me's required. I start passing the HUGE MEAN looking guy, and when I get even w/ him, he stomped his food so hard on the floor, I nearly shit my pants! Scared the hell out of me. When I looked up at him w/ the fear clearly on my face, he started laughing, cracking up. Asshole. lol. He was nice, not a jack ass at all. He knew I was nervous and thought he'd shake things up a bit. So then we had a friend, kind of. The others were more apt to talk to us then. Later in the night, I went up to the bar to get a drink. Took forever. This really old outlaw was talking to me, keeping me company while I waited. He asked if I rode. "Do I look like a biker, in my conservative get up?" He laughed, said " I didn't think so." We went on talking about bikes and what not and introduced me to a younger outlaw. He was cute, for a scary biker. The old guy was going on about how "a cutie like yourself should be w/ a biker. They take care of you. This guy(talking about the young one) he's your age, single, you should go out w/ him." That made me giggle. The younger one said "yeah, how about it? Wanna get on my bike, go for ride, get out of here?" I said "Oh no, thank you, but I couldn't. I'm happily married. My husband is over there (I pointed to hubs)" Older and younger guy look over at Hubs, Hubs smiles wondering what in the hell I'm up to. Younger guy says "I don't give a shit about your HUSBAND. Wanna ride or what?" That freaked me out. lol. I repeated my earlier stance of "no, but thanks anyway" and hussled off to my hubs. I told him it was time for us to get going. I told him about the biker guys, and he was like "yeah, lets go" We said our goodbyes to my parents, and made our way to the door. The younger guy says "See you later blue" in a intimate sort of way- purposely done to try and irritate my hubs. We waved and got out to the car. We were laughing about it in the car, and hubs is like "I could take him." LOL. We both new that was bullshit. lol. It was funny. Then Hubs says "If he really wanted to fight w/ me, I'd have to let him take you." Nice :) It was a funny night, and I'm glad we made it out of there w/o any issues. We haven't been back since. I'm not sure that we will. But, oh, the fun we have w/ my parents.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness. I would have been so freaked out. I would have been afraid he would have thrown me over his shoulder, carried me out the door and threw me on his bike anyways.

Chicken said...

Ah yes...nights with Mom and Journey. Been there a few times.