About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Mark of the Beast?

I've discussed my paranoid nature on here before, so this post shouldn't really surprise you. I was listening to talk radio this morning, as I usually do. Its a local news radio station, where local stuff is discussed. I know they have it on the internet as well, so if you're ever interested in taking a listen, its woodradio.com. I'm not sure of the exact web address, but I think its that. Anyway, recently in Kent county, people have been having microchips in their dogs, incase their dogs are ever lost or whatever. Today, they were discussing microchips for people. The microchip is about the size of a grain of rice, and can be inserted into your hand. All of your personal information would be on this chip. Medical information, bank information, passwords, insurance, ssn, credit card info, criminal records.... You could also have it programmed to unlock your house, your car, and whatever else. Interesting. What do you guys think of this idea? All the local folks that called in today, at least the majority, said no way! They don't want the government tracking them. Or what if criminals were able to get some sort of receiver, so they could just walk next to you and get all your information. I think it would have many benefits, I'm not concerned about the government tracking me. They can already find out anything they want to about you. You can be found by your credit card transactions. Ofcourse, they don't have a gps system for us yet, so there is that. But whatever, I'm not concerned w/ that. Its a comforting thought to think that if your children were ever lost, hurt or kidnapped, it would be easy to find them w/ this chip. What I found creepy about this whole thing, is being marked. I imagine most people, religious or not, have heard about the mark of the beast. And how in the end times, if you do not have the mark, you will not be able to get food, water, or any other necessity to live. You will be an outlaw, or something similar. I don't have a lot of biblical knowledge on this subject, so pardon me if I'm screwing it up. Yikes! I know that it says that the mark will be 666. What on earth does that mean? Do you suppose that is literal, or a parable? I can't say. There are many parts of the bible that I don't grasp. I get lost easily. Even so, I believe that the bible is truth. No one brought up the mark of the beast on the radio. Just me, given my paranoid nature. One more thing for me to have nightmares about. No, I don't think that this microchip IS the mark, but I can see how it would be easy to make it that way. I can't imagine anyone in our society putting 666 on something and expecting it to fly. But the bible says it will happen, therefore, it must be. If not in a literal sense, then something else. What do you think? Y'all think I'm crazy now, huh? :) Have a great day, and beware of microchips! LOL.

5 comments:

Becky L said...

i've actually heard about this microchip thing before. Actually, some people are already using it. I heard about it in the news awhile back-- they were using it in alzheimer people who tend to wander off and get lost and not know how to get back.

i can see how thats a "good" thing-- but at the same time, it freaks me out. For the same reason-- the mark of the beast thing. But, i dont know if that really is what the mark would be. Because there really isnt anything wrong with the concept-- its not like you're signing away your soul or anything.

the whole thing is confusing, isnt it?

mistyblue3 said...

becky- glad I'm not the only one freaked out by it!

Jas- I'm glad you came by! Your knowledge is unbelievable. I wouldn't imagine it would work either, but someone will try to make it happen. I think they said on the radio that the guy that has invented this chip lives in Vancoover, Canada. I'm sure i didn't spell that right, but you get it, right? He has his already implanted, and swears by it. I'm going to try and find the story about it. I'll send you a link when I find it! Thanks for your comments, they were fantastic, as I suspected they would be!

Keith said...

I'd do it - the advantages outweigh any potential drawbacks so far as I can tell. As long as I could block the signal by wearing a watch or wristband, I don't see any privacy issues cropping up. As for the religious side of things, the less said about that the better. Two topics that I dislike talking about are religion and politics.

Avery's mom said...

I was trying to come up with a plan to evade getting a social security number for my daughter but then i got to thinking about the difficulties she would have growing up and that she would think i'm a looser mom for being a freak about giving her a number.

i think paranoia is a normal part of life. If you get your kids microchips, then maybe i will have to consider doing the same lol

mistyblue3 said...

chk- I love you too :)

Keith- interesting...

avery's mom-
Yeah, can't get anything w/o a number! I wonder when SSN started? Have you found that you are MORE paranoid since you've had kids? Prekids, I hadn't a care in the world, or a fear. Now I've tons of them!