About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Ballet and a celebrity sighting :)

I had a great weekend. I didn't win any damn poker though, still fun to play. The Ballet was interesting. I think I liked it. Watching them dance was awesome, but the music was TERRIBLE. Reminded me of thrashy elevator music in the uptempo sets. The rest of it was dark, spoon clanking, flat notes, 6 different cars honking at the same time kind of noise. I was on the verge of needing a prozac, made me panic-ish. Those men, ballarino's if you will, WOW. Very muscular, and the costumes were painted on. Some scenes I could hardly watch, I was so distracted by all their business sticking out. Just watching them move made my legs cramp. I was almost turned on by these men, but they were jumping around the stage like little fairy's, and I lost it. Nope, not attracted to ballerino's. I am impressed w/ how strong they are. My little girl is in ballet, but I don't think I want her to do it as a grown up, the costumes are too much- a second skin. One of the sets they did was a couple, and the dance was very obvious a dance b/w lovers, they way they moved together. It was beautiful, and I was sucked in, but I couldn't imagine my daughter doing that, or me watching. It was a very intimate dance. Overall, I loved it, but that music HAS to go!
For my celebrity sighting, we went to McDonald's to grab lunch today, and we were waiting by the counter. In the door walks Ronald McDonald. LOL. My kids about shit. First they were terrified and hid behind my legs, but Ronnie got them talking. Then they wouldn't shut up. My son was all excited. He says" MOM, he's FAMOUS. I see him on TV all the time" Cracked me up. It was fun. See how exciting my fabulous life is?? You wish you were me, don't you?? :o) Have a good day!

6 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...

I don't know why, but this post just cracked me up. Kids can make something so mundane and "whatever" to us adults, so damned exciting! :o)

Ah...the simple joys of life.

mistyblue3 said...

It was fun. That's one my favorite things about being a mom, finding the silliness in everyday ordinary :)

spin said...

hehe, I can just see em hiding between your legs, completely astounded!

Man...I love kids!

Chicken said...

Gotta love that Max! He has made me laugh since he was born! He is so cool!

geezer squeezer! said...

'I was so distracted by all their business sticking out.'
classic.

mistyblue3 said...

spin- it was great.

chicken-I could write a book with all the silly shit he says, I should too.

Jas- He was smiling, but his smile was a bit creepy. It must have been his first McD's stop of the day :)

G.S.- very distracting/disturbing :D