About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Extra Points for my Hubs :D

I think he finally gets it. Maybe he is finally HEARING me, not just watching my lips move. Last night, around 9 I said that I needed to run out and get milk, and gatoraid. He says "oh, i can go do that." Me "what? really? Wow, that'd be great. " NO WAY. He NEVER does stuff like that. Sweet, made my whole night better. Then today, I called him to ask about plans for tonight. One of my gf's called and wanted to know if I was availible for dinner later. He said that he was planning on staying up north to cut wood. I was upset, not b/c I couldn't go out, but because he never mentioned it to me that he wasn't coming home from work till 9 ish. But, ok, I wasn't going to make an issue out of it, other than to say that I wished he would have mentioned it earlier. We have plans to go camping this weekend, and he was going to see about taking tomarrow off of work. So I asked him about that while we were talking. He said he prly could, but that he didn't think that he wanted to, and I could just meet him up north when the kids and I get up there. That upset me, b/c that means that i would have to do all of the packing, not just clothes for all of us, but all the camping equipment as well, time it right so I can nurse the baby so she isn't fussy in the car, and then hang out in holiday weekend traffic on our tore up free ways for 3 hrs, by myself w/ screaming kids i'm sure. How about NO. I told him that I was hoping he could be home to help out w/ packing and kids- 4 days of camping w/ 2 little kids AND and infant= lots of shit! And its rustic- there is not electricity, or bathrooms- all about nature. So, if that's the case, I really have no desire to go. Anyway, phone call ended, and my mom brought home Avery(she kept her over night ) and she was a BRAT. You know how grandparents are, let them stay up all night, and eat sugar, then bring them home at thier worst. She actually for real gave her cookies for breakfast-you can imagine the state she was in. Add that to my mounting frustration w/ the overwhelming things that I need to accomplish today, including groceries, laundry, house work, naps, picking up Max and dropping him off at school, and no hubby till 9 at night- I was bummed. But then, a mircle came my way. My hubs called me back and said that he would be home earlier enough for me to go out w/ my friends, and he would take the day off tomarrow! What?! Who are you and what did you do w/ my hubs???? YES! Yeeehaw. He thought of me first. And not because he has his own agenda, but he heard me, and wanted to please me, and make me happy. I can assure you that he will be handsomely(sp?) rewarded for that :D It will be a fantastic evening in the blue household for sure :)

3 comments:

Chicken said...

I can help with baby duty too this weekend darlin. Oh and "little" Miss perfect is coming on Sat. night. And "Rotten Bitch" is picking her up on Sun! How bout that?!

Margaret said...

lol...isnt it great when things fall into place?? :)

peace...

mistyblue3 said...

chicken-
NO FLIPPN WAY? The RB is letting her come camping w/ us?! How Fantastic! The kids are going to be so excited!

monkey-
It's the best!