About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Preschool

Today was Avery's first day of preschool, kinda anyway. Parents got to stay with them and visit the preschool room. She was really excited to go. You could see it in the way she walked, all bouncy and proud of herself for being able to join the ranks of "big kids". So her first offical all alone day, will be next Tuesday, and I better find my damn camara before then!!!! I hope she is a good girl at school, I'm worried about it. She has a knack for escaping unnoticed. She does it all the flippn' time at sunday school, so much so that I don't really put her in there anymore. I don't want to have to worry about my kid getting lost, or running out the side door somewhere. Freaks me out. I have this control thing w/ my kids. It KILLS me to not no where they are, or what they're doing, and give someone else charge of them. I do it, but its hard. Yeah, I'm one of those moms. I've gotten much better. I worry so much about being able to protect them, to keep the from ever hurting in anyway, like all parents, but I can get so upset about it that I almost have a panic attack. I know its crazy. There were situations that I was in when I was little, where I was NOT protected, and I think that's why I'm such a freak about it. They are still allowed to be kids, but it totally stresses me out. And I don't talk to anyone about it either, b/c I don't want anyone to think i'm nuts! lol! Anyway, I'm sure she'll be ok, but it still makes me nervous..
I am pretty sure I don't like my hair cut.... Its not that its bad really... I just haven't got used to it yet, yeah, maybe that's it.
I've also decided that the coffee incident was a fantastic fluke that I hope will happen again :) Now I'm off to search for the camara!

9 comments:

mrs. awesome said...

mine is an escape artist too, and it makes me worry! in her sunday school class, they used to block the entrance with a little row of chairs (because it was easier for the teachers). apparently none of the other kids bothered the chairs. but no. my daughter had them moved and had escaped after not 10 minutes in the 2-yr-old class. they had to switch to using a gate just because of her. he he he

mistyblue3 said...

Clever little monkeys.... So you know exactly what I mean. Makes me twitch.... Even worse about preschool- they go on....field trips.... I am going to have to get some zanax for those days. I'll be biting my nails and freaking out all day, just waiting for them to call and say they lost her. Isn't that awful?? Scary- I may need to seek therapy.

mrs. awesome said...

don't all moms need therapy? :) i personally find my therapy relief in the form of chocolate and pedicures.

Pete said...

I reckon if you 'didn't' feel like that you should be worried.

It's only natural to want to look after and protect our kids.

Chicken said...

You gotta watch that Avery though. I have been witness to her escapery. She is one of a kind. But, I love her. You love her too, and I don't know that I would think it would be okay for you to NOT know where your children are.

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- i like your idea of therapy!

Pete-thanks for making me feel normal and not psyco

chk- she is a crafty lil thing, isn't she??

Keith said...

Big O and Justin both started their preschool yesterday and were exhausted afterwards. J put on his pajamas immediately after school and Owen is still asleep at 9:30 this morning.

mistyblue3 said...

Keith- Ave was CRAZY last night. When she gets tired, instead of winding down, she get wound up! Nice your kids are still sleeping, don't you wish you could be?

The Anti-Wife said...

Nothing wrong with worrying about where your kids are. I, too, am one of those Moms. My kids don't understand it, but damn it, I want to know where they are 24/7. If the choose not to tell me, their lame asses stay home! So there!

:o)