About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Monday, September 05, 2005

We had a great weekend camping! We went w/ Chicken( I'd insert her link here if I knew how, but being that I don't- you can click on her name on the side :) and my bro, my neice, ckn's parents, my parents, and another couple of friends. It was so much fun. The kids were great and had a fantastic time playing in the dirt. Camping is nice b/c you don't HAVE to do anything at all. It was nice to not do much.
Chicken got pretty drunk on Saturday night- fabulous entertainment. She had this 20 min histerical conversation w/ her parents on why it would be sweet to have a lesbian daughter. LOL- she said some other funny shit to her parents(the stuff you normally never ever would) w/o out even blushing! It was great fun. She cracks me up! Its no wonder i love her. We camped out on my brothers property which is 10 acres surronded by 180 acres of federal land, up in northern MI, its in the middle of NOWHERE. If you didn't know where you were going, you would never find it. So anyway, there is no electric or water yet. There is a very creepy outhouse, but I prefer the great outdoors- as does chicken. She announced that she had to pee, and off she went to find a spot. Hubs and I were just getting in to our sleeping bags, and we hear "ooowwwiieeeee! Ouch! FUCK! It burns! ouch. owie FUCK!" So I grab the flash light to go see what's wrong w/ my friend. And I see her bare ass jumping up and down, trying to pull up her pants and about tripping, along w/ more cursing. I'm trying my hardest at this point not to piss myself or fall down, b/c I think this is the funniest thing I have ever seen! Turns out she got stung 3 times!!! There are hornets up there that make thier burrows in the ground. In her infinite find a spot to pee wisdom, she pissed right in the hornets burrow. LOLLOLOLOL! How likely is that? Oh, and she was lucky w/ the stinging- one on her toe, one on her ring finger, and the other was on her thumb. And later in the evening still, she somehow fell on a concrete slab and just about broke her ass. She was in rough shape sunday morning, but the joke possibilities were endless. lol- I wish you could have seen her trying to sit down. So flippn' funny. So yeah, it was a good time. I don't get to see her as much as I would like to, so it was the best ever to spend almost a whole weekend hanging out.
Today is a sad day. Time to close the pool. That's always a bummer, b/c it means my least favorite season will be here soon. Friggn' winter. Winter in MI is even worse- I'm about an hour from Lake Michigan, so we get the fantastic "lake effect" snow. I wonder how bad it will be this year. It was freezing last winter, w/ tons of snow and ice. Its a bit early to be guessing about the damn snow, but that's what closing the pool makes me think of. Did you relize that there are only 3 months of 2005 left?? Unreal. It certainly goes too fast, especially the warm, relaxing, fun, and carefree days of summer :)

7 comments:

spin said...

oh man, poor chicken! haha! stung on the ass!

and I am dreading winter as well. i can't wait to move back to a fair weather state!

The Anti-Wife said...

You know, I hate winter only because I get tired of having my house all closed up! One major thing I LOVE about living in Michigan is that we have four full-fledged seasons and you feel to the fullest. I could never imagine living in a place where the changed of season was announced by a temperature drop of 10 degrees. I love me seasons here in MI!

I am glad you had fun this weekend, and you surely wrote a fantastically funny story of Chicken!

mistyblue3 said...

spin- boo hiss winter! I would miss snow on christmas though. We have had christmas' w/o snow before, and they just didn't feel the same, but other than that- I could live w/o it.

Hi Kellie- Yep, i don't like my house all closed up either. I like all the seasons except for winter. The cold and being stuck inside w/ little kids drives me nuts, not to mention it seems dark all the time. I get depressed in the winter. And I wish you could have been there to it- It was a riot, for sure!

Keith said...

Great story - peeing on a hornet hole - too much. I'm looking forward to fall; this summer went by way too fast. It's getting darker earlier and the kids are bummed they can't go out for too long after dinner.

Chicken said...

Ok...yes this was my weekend. I got W-A-S-T-E-D! I got stung, and I broke my ass. I bruised my tailbone or something, and I have an actual bruise on my asscheek! My god...it was bad.

notasoccermom said...

Girl, you make me laugh!

mistyblue3 said...

keith- too much as in too funny, or as in TMI? lol :) I'm bummed that my kids can't stay out longer too!

Chicken- that was SOOOO much fun. I'm sad its the end of camping season. maybe we can squeeze one more in somewhere...

notasoccermom- it was much funnier in the flesh! Glad to make you giggle :D