About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Ta- Da!





Here it is! I spent 8 hrs sowing this together yesterday. Its a baby quilt for my friend- her shower is next week. I wanted to get it all done, and its not yet. This isn't a very good picture, you can't really see the patterns very well, or the colors, but you get the idea anyway. My back is sore from being hunched over. I didn't have a pattern, or directions. I've made a few before, but I always had directions, or my mother in law to hook me up. I'm surprised how well it turned out for winging it. I still have to finish the back, but whaever. I'll get that done tomorrow or something. My mother in law in the master, she can make anything. I'm just learning from her. My hubs bought me a sowing machine for Christmas the first year we were married, and I was like "What do you think I'm going to do w/ this thing?" I'm not sure I had ever even seen one before. Nobody does that sort of thing in my family, and I'm certainly not crafty. So it sat in my closet for 4 yrs. Finally my m-i-l guilted me into taking it out. Its not so bad. I was cursing a blue streak last night, and the seam ripper was my best friend, and I wanted to throw it out and quit right then, but the almost finished product made it worth it. I don't know when I'll want to put myself through that again. We shall see who gets knocked up next, if they're special enough to make me want to suffer for sentimental reasons.
So, I've got nothin' else.. Here's some pics of my girls. Been awhile since I posted any pics. Have a good weekend! Shit. I wanted to put the girls here, but so what. Never puts them where I want em'. Anyway- later..

8 comments:

Keith said...

Very pretty little girls!

mistyblue3 said...

Jas- why thank you babes

keith- well right :D Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The girls are beautiful!

Nikki

Margaret said...

the grrls are beautiful...

and the quilt is beautiful as well... :)

peace...

CaliGirl said...

nice job!

one mom to another...i want to give each of those little ones a big smoochie :) soooo cute!

mrs. awesome said...

your quilt turned out fine...no one has to know about the cloud of profanity that surrounded making it :)

two cuties you have there.

The Anti-Wife said...

Holy moley...your older girl looks just like you! They are gorgeous.

And the quilt...very nice. I quilt and sew, so can appreciate how much work you put into it.

mistyblue3 said...

Nikki- thank you

Monkey- thanks. Perhaps you'll be getting a quilt too :)

cali- Its the cheeks! Something about chubby cheeks, can't resist kissn' em'

Mel- Its not too hard, I think the worst of it is measuring, you should try it :)

jo-dee- thanks, and thanks for visiting. I miss your blog! Hope you are well!

AW- I've heard that before. i got out baby pics of Ave (the older), and her baby pics are hard to tell apart from Jade. I think I'll have another mini me. Do you sew often? What do you make? I can only do blankets, but I'm sort of antsy to try something else. Not sure what I should tackle next. What do you suggest?