About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Funny Kid

Max was playing w/ some neighborhood kids last night. These kids are all older by at least 5 yrs. I'm not sure what they were playing, but it was something like dodge ball. He played for a little bit, and then came back over by me. I could tell he was sad, his eyes were red-rimmed and shiny, and his bottom lip was quivering- even though he was trying to suck it up, he was on the verge of tears. When I asked what was wrong, he said that he kept losing, he's not good enough to play that game, he can't get anyone out. Broke my heart, poor baby. He was crushed, and I don't know if those little fuckers were making him feel bad or not, but I could have kicked their asses. My protective mommy instinct kicked in. I just said that he needed to practice more, and he would get better at the game, and reminded him that these kids were all older, and therefore faster. But, when you get older, I bet you could take em' all out. He says "I'd rather take their teeth out" LOLOLOLOL. I try NOT to encourage bad behavior, but I couldn't help but laugh. He was so broken, and then just pissed. He's a funny boy.After I was able to get my giggles under wrap, I told him that dad and I would give him a hand practicing the game, and maybe sooner than later, he'd be able to get em all out, but spare their teeth... He's the best 5 yr old ever.

5 comments:

Chicken said...

That must be a little bit of your family's temper coming out. A little Mick, perhaps?!

mistyblue3 said...

hahaha! You betcha.

Keith said...

That is an awesome mommy-kid moment.

aughra said...

I beg to differ - I have the best five year old ever.

That is cute. My Gus goes through similar things - he tries so hard to be big!

mistyblue3 said...

Keith- I love those moments :)

Aughra- I bet you do :D I love watching them grow, trying to figure it all out. And always in a hurry to be a bigger kid.