About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Wedding Shemdding

Oh blah! The madness begins, or at least should have an hour ago. We were suppose to meet at the chuch at 9 to decorate, but the bride has too many errands to run this morning so she changed it till 10:45. Which if I didn't have children that needed naps and to go to school, would not be a problem. My baby naps at that time. Dammit. I would like to allow my baby one full nap. If you have kids, or babies, you can understand how this sucks. Toddlers are a bit more flexible when it comes to naps- but not babies. And my baby is particular about where she sleeps- it has to be in her bed, and quiet. Curse and Swear. I'd like to be availible for this stuff, but STOP changing scheduels. Baby sitters, and babies are finicky about timing. So, I'll be playing it by ear, and if I can make it, awesome, and if not, hope you don't mind, but if you do, fuck off.
Woohooo, by the way. I found my camara!!!! I will be taking lots of fab wedding shots for you. I'm excited about tomarrow, I think it will be fun. I've gotten most of the nursing detail worked out, so there is no more stress about that, and has long as bridezilla doesn't change anything else last second, it'll be great! I'm looking fwd to the day my life will not be run by school, naps, nursing and bed time. Isn't it interesting how parenting changes EVERYTHING? One of my girlfriends and I were talking awhile back about politics, and how excited we were to recieve throw pillows and new towels for holidays. Then it hit us. WTF? When did we start caring about this stuff? When did we really become grown up? lol. Silly. Anyway- enjoy your weekend all!!!!!!!

blue

8 comments:

mrs. awesome said...

it's really frustrating to be involved in something that doesn't take into account the kids. the worst part about people who don't have them (or my in-laws, who had them so long ago they don't remember ANYTHING!), is that they don't understand the sacrifice. for me anyway, if i skipped g.'s nap to accomodate something else, i screwed myself for at least a week. she would be off schedule and crabby and not want to take a nap. i feel your pain, sista.

glad you found the camera. and try to enjoy the wedding in spite of the scheduling hassles. :)

spin said...

oh man, i hear you all too well! Damn naps!

Yesterday I had a conversation with a lady about Pampers vs Huggies, and I realized...I knew way too much about them.

Chicken said...

Exactly that is what gomer is...Bridezilla! That is funny. I am hoping to have fun tomorrow. Although I just want to sit on my couch.

There is another sign of getting old....Wanting to sit on your couch, versus...free beer?? Huh..when did this happen?

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- i know it, its the worst! Crabby fo'eva.

spin- haha! I think i've also had that debate.. which do you prefer? Pampers for my babies. lol

jas- I think the fun will be worth the work~ better be!

Chk- ha! You don't even have kids to blame your lame-ness on!!! It will be fun. And she's not nearly as bad as I thought she'd be :) It can always get worse.. we will see how she is tomarrow morning- she's starting to freak out a bit now, but I think she'll be on the verge of madness tomarrow!

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

yes, scheduling is very important with little ones... a missed nap can make a baby intolerable and inconsolable. Do what you have to do..

Lindsey said...

Girl I know. Suddenly I'm going to bed at 10pm sometimes taking a nap on weekends if I'm lazy. I NEVER thought I'd be like that. EVER!

Keith said...

I actual said to my 4 year old something my dad always said to me and my brother and sister when we were growing up.
"No possible good can come from you doing that." I forget what the that was - perhaps he was smothering the 2 year old with a pillow or something. Yes, we're our parents now. Yikes.

mistyblue3 said...

Rachel- Scheduels are needed, but rough for me. I've never a been a organized type of girl, but w/ a family its so important. Amazing how if you throw something off, your house in in upheavil for up to a week!

linny- I never thought I would be either!

Keith- ha! Isn't that the best? When something comes out of your mouth, and you relize that you have JUST become you mom/dad. I do it all the time (even though I've said that I would never do that/say that). I'm slowing morphing into my mother :D Except she drinks more than me...