About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Guilty...

When I was out running errands ealier today, I stopped by Starbucks to get my very favorite once a week treat- Large White Chocolate Rasberry Iced Decaf Mocha-mmmmmm heaven. You need to try on of these if you haven't before, and don't forget the whip cream. They took my drink order, and I was helping Ave w/ something. I got my drink and was 1/2 out the door when I relized that I didn't pay for it! :0 And I kept on going. Now I feel guility- I should go back and pay for it, shouldn't I? I don't want to though. They gave it to me, right? Nope, I should go back. What would you do??

8 comments:

CaliGirl said...

sometimes you just have to say "wtf". have 2 situations that happened to us that past couple weeks. first one....we went to walmart to get a few things and when we got to the car we realized we didnt pay for a "cheap" hand mixer ($9.99)...we shrugged it off and kept it. still feel guilty and im going to hell now...but too late now. (note: dont want to hear that i can "still" take it back either...lol)

but the other day we went to fill up on gas before it went up...put $60 into the tank ..hubby went into pay. the girl only charged him $24. he came out and mentioned it to me...i told him it might be someone elses pump and they are now going to be charged ours....i couldnt let this happen to the other person or to the girl at the register so he went back in and she fixed the problem with the other person right there next in line. (did that one make sense?) lol

mistyblue3 said...

naughtymom- lol! It was delicious. How do you function w/ your hubs gone?! I would go bananas for sure!

caligirl-lol! I doubt your going to hell for the handmixer! Glad your hubs fixed the gas pump thing. If I knew that I would be costing another person $$ other than the company, I would fix it too. I still feel guility about the coffee... but it was only coffee. Do the employees get free coffee?

mrs. awesome said...

it's karma for all the other stress in your life...God knows you needed a boost, so hence a freebie :) it's not like you intentionally did that.

Chicken said...

Look at it like a complimentary cup of coffee, like those clubs places have. When you by 5 you get the 6th free! Cause they charge way too much for that stuff anyway. And you said you get them regularly.

spin said...

I don't know, your accidental "free drink" could really break starbucks you know. Their end of year financials could be way off.

haha- just messin.

mistyblue3 said...

jodee- I'm enjoying your take on it

chicken- works for me

spin- LOL! I'm a retard, I know it. That was funny :D

The Anti-Wife said...

I gave up on feel guilty for random freebies like that. Call me dishonest and a bitch with zero morals, but I walk away feeling smug when "accidental" comps come my way.

Anonymous said...

Have the free bee and enjoy! :)