About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Misc. Stuff

Somehow my daughter pushed some buttons, and now everything is HUGE. Any ideas on how to fix that? Its causing some dizziness for me, and occasional blurred vision. I have to sit as far back as possible to write this and check email without falling out of my chair and nailing my chin on the desk. Fuck.
Last night I took the kids to the library to pick out some new books and a few for me. I haven't read a book for the pure pleasure of it since I was in the hospital having Jade- 5 months ago. I love to read. I'd rather read than do almost anything, but I've been too busy for it. So at the library, I told them they could play by the kid stuff while I picked out books and checked out. I grabbed the kids and started off for the door. My son says VERY loudly in the QUIET library " MOM- you didn't pay for these yet. We can't leave!" Me "SSHHHHHH, yes I already checked out, lets go" I was just a tad embarrassed at that point. I'm pulling them along, and he's dragging his feet, people are looking.. Max " MOM!(in his best stern voice) I DON'T THINK YOU ARE MAKING A WISE CHOICE RIGHT NOW!" Geez! I nearly had to show my 5 yr old the check out slip so he shush! Gotta love it when they try to put you in line. Goof ball- he's a good boy. At least now I know who I can't bring along on a car theft spree..
Today was a rather nice, boring, cold, lazy day. Perfect for laundry and reading. And magically, my children let me be for most of it. I love it when that happens. I'm looking fwd to tomorrow, my hubs is taking the day off to do nothing w/ me. I can't wait. It's been awhile since we've had a carefree-no-schedule-day. Those are the best!
Because I have nothing interesting to write about, I'll leave you w/ another ghetto neighbor story. Mr. Nasty has 2 roommates to help take care of his 4 children. The roommates are just as ghetto fabulous as he is. The male roommate spends all of his day drunk and muttering to himself and occasionally, smoking pot on the front porch~whaever. The other is a gal who talks WAY TOO MUCH, and is constantly trying to convince how much fun it would be to be her friend and take a walk w/ her... Pass. But anyway, Mr. Nasty likes to come over and talk to my hubs. My hubs is a really nice guy, and easy (target) to talk to. Hubs doesn't care for the guy either, but he doesn't walk away after a polite hello, he always gets suckered in to a conversation w/ Mr. Nasty. Hubs asked him about the roommates and what the deal was w/ them. The guy is a friend there to help out w/ paying the bills and the kids when Mr. N is at work. Nice choice of child care I might add.. But then he goes on to tell my hubs that the girl is an old friend, and he just lets her stay there for the occasional blow job. Uh... WTF? Why would you ever, ever say that out loud to another person, and one you don't know well enough to call friend either? This guy is wacky as hell. Gross. Oh, and he of course had to go into more detail about that as well. Classy...

7 comments:

spin said...

haha, kids! gotta love em.

and yuckkkkkkkk!! whatta NASTY neighboor. But, I need people like this to remind me I do have a great hubby.

Have fun tomorrow, sweetie!!

mrs. awesome said...

my hubby can't stop a conversation either! he always talks to salesmen way too long.

try going to "view" on your toolbar, and select "text size". i think that will take care of the giant print.

CaliGirl said...

sounds like your 5yr old is going on 10 going on 20....lol

and regarding mr. nasty.....he is Klassy...with a K! lol ewww...no tact...probably doesnt even know what that is.

Keith said...

what buttons did she push? something ont he computer? Your neighbor sounds like my neighbor, Rabbit.

mistyblue3 said...

My flippn comp crashed.. I'll be back sooner than later, I hope!

stardust said...

Let's see, it might take a few hours to look something up in my "How To Raise Perfect Children" handbook. I can feel your embarrassment about your son in the library. Someday you will be laughing your butt off about that one. It's funny - the things you remember most, when your kids are grown up, are the little things like this. I'm laughing right now - it's just too cute.

You might see if you can get his own library card, that way he will learn how it works. Maybe keep the card with mommy's because it's important, almost like money.

As for your ghetto neighbors, omg. At least you will have something to compare to the days your life seems shitty. I'm sure you have some of those - everyone does.

mistyblue3 said...

spin- kids are the best, and our gross neighboor makes me thankful for my hubs too :)

jodee- thanks for the help w/ the print! MUCH Better!

cali- I agree!

keith- I don't know what she pushed, but all is well now. And I think everyone has a nasty neighbor.

Jas- I keep thinking it will slow down, but it doesn't.. Seems like we get increasingly more busy as our kids get older. I thought it was the other way around.

stardust- My little guy makes me laugh all the time, I need to record all of the nonsense he says! Good idea w/ the library card, maybe i'll do that.