About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Good Morning!

I love Saturdays. Its the only day of the week that we are able to be at home w/o any obligations. I've gotten alot done this morning, which is also nice. My hubs took the kids away for a few hours this morning so I could get some things done ALL BY MYSELF! That's the best. It more than rare for me to be in my house completely alone. My favorite. I can't believe I ever bitched about being alone when I was single :) I didn't know how good I had it! lol :D
I haven't heard from my run away friend yet. Its still bothering me, but I don't want to call her. If I did the only thing I'd want to talk about is why she left, and she can't tell me yet. So I'll wait for her to call when she's free to talk.
My daughter had a NASTY temper tantrum last night. I'm always impressed and awed w/ wonder when she has one of this fits of rage. She's 3 1/2. Where does that come from? Yesterday was one of those days that I had to tell her no like a thousand times before she'd get it. Nothing irritates me more than arguing w/ a child about "no". However, if I fail to repeat myself and ignore her, she just gets louder and louDER, and LOUDER. At home I can just put her in her room, but in public places, whole 'nother story. So yeah, it was one of those days. All day. By 7-8 at night, I'd had it. So when she blatanly disobeyed me the 2nd time, she had to go to bed. She throw a fit to be had for an hour and 1/2 in her room! She kept coming out, slamming her door, screaming for hubs or I to come and talk to her. Hubs tried a few times to talk to her, then a spanking, and she STILL kept going. Unreal. We then just let her go until she got bored and gave up, and finally sleep. Phew. Sweet sleep....until.....4 fucking AM. She woke up and picked up her fit right where she left off. How in the hell can that happen. This was a first for her. Thankfully, she went back to bed w/o too much fuss. However, she was up and down a few hundred times from then until 6, when I finally just got up and turned on cartoons. I hoping today will go smoothly, and then an early bed time for her. So far so good.
I hope your weekend goes well too. Oh, and don't forget to check out the moon tonight. It is suppose to be the fullest that it will ever be in our life times.. I love the moon. Bye all

Misty

2 comments:

Hale McKay said...

It sounds like this Saturday was a good day to take a nap to catch up on the sleep lost the night before. I always marvel at my wife and how sometimes she just keeps going and going and going. They named that battery rabbit after her I think.
Nice writing.

mistyblue3 said...

Thanks Hale. I think all woman, especially moms have the gift of "going and going and going". Come by again soon :)