About Me

My photo
I'm a happily married mom of 3! I recently rejoined the work force after 8 years of being a SAHM. Now I'm REALLY trying to figure it out. Finding my balance w/ my family, my job, housework, school stuff, extra stuff, and maintain some sort of social life.. Nearly impossible.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What a Day

Both of my older kids and I all have colds. Thankfully, my baby does not. I hope it stays that way! We are not suppose to get colds in the summer! What is that all about?! Because the kids have colds, they're being jerks. Of course it doesn't matter that mommy doesn't feel well, please don't yell. My daughter took something away from my son and he started yelling at the TOP of his lungs. Not words, just noise, which I find MOST annoying b/c he's 5, not 1. Which then woke up the peacefully sleeping baby. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I came down to the dungeon for some quiet, and my daughter is yelling that she needs me. I run up the stairs to the bathroom. Guess what was wrong? She's afraid to flush the toliet. Why? Sometime last week she tried to kill a bug w/ T.P. and then flush it. She put WAY too much TP in the toliet which caused it to over flow. So now, she's always afraid that the toliet is going to "throw up" on her. Kind of funny, but now I'm over it. We've gone in the bathroom w/ her, flushed it to show her it's not going to throw up. But now she's scarred for life. My kids have been getting in to everything today! You'd think that b/c they are not feeling well, they'd be sleepy or something. I've found puddles of water in 3 different places today. Not sure what that's all about, and no one did it. Doggone I didn't do it ghost. I was putting some dishes away, and a wine glass fell from the sky and shattered all over the place, throwing glass up all over my legs! No injurys. But I nearly injured one of my kids when they kept coming in the kitchen when I was trying to clean it up. For some reason the threat of possibly cutting thier foot wide open was too much of a temptation to stay away. So my mean mommy voice came out. "DON'T COME IN HERE AGAIN OR I AM GOING TO BEAT YOU!!" Yes, I actually said that. I can't believe it either. My poor kids. I wonder when they'll pull that one back out. Church or maybe school. "My mommy said she was going to beat me." Mom of the Year moment right there. *sigh*
In other news, Hubs and I started reading a really great book together. Its called Sheet Music by Dr. Kevin Leman. It's really good. Oh crap. Now that I turned on the bold, I can't turn it off. Whatever. Anyway, its about uncovering the secrets on intamacy in marriage. It covers all sorts of things that I was unaware of. Its not just a "how too" manual, but so much than that. It goes into baggage, and how to make sex more of an all day afair. When I have more time, i'll put up some interesting stuff that I've found in this book up.
My nasty children are screaming again. Time to go for now!

misty

2 comments:

CaliGirl said...

feel better soon girlie...and i hope you got some quiet time.

btw...i have had those days when i lose it and say not so nice things to my kiddo. you are only human.

big hugs

mistyblue3 said...

Thanks Cali.. I'm much better now :)